17.2 C
Manchester
September 23, 2020
Image default
Altcoin

Ghost: John McAfee’s privacy coin

Influencer John McAfee posted a new tweet about his new project, a privacy coin called Ghost.

The message in your official Twitter account is eloquent and illustrates a cryptocurrency that protects anonymity using a PoS model (Proof-of-Stake), which contrasts with PoW (Proof-of-Work) from Monero.

The currency will be available on its decentralized exchange (DEX), launched in October 2019.

Thanks to this platform, Ghost will be able to negotiate with the main cryptocurrencies combining decentralization and anonymity, thanks to this new implementation with a strong pro-privacy model.

THE official currency website explains the main concepts of PoS, such as decentralization, the possibility of fast transactions (to be executed in less than 60 seconds) and the presence of validators called masternodes.

The whitepaper will be published on May 15th, so in a month, meanwhile Ghost tokens can be requested by those who already have the crypto Switch (ESH). On May 25, it will be possible to start the claim phase, which will represent 25% of the total offer, while the remaining 75% will be used as a reward by PoS.

This tweet shows how the privacy theme and the PoS protocol (Proof-of-Stake) are the core elements that each blockchain is trying to implement: for example, Cardano (ADA) or Zilliqa (ZIL) and, of course, also Ethereum (ETH), showing how the anonymity of transactions looks like a winning model, as demonstrated by data and records marked by the EOS blockchain.

In late fall 2019, McAfee launched another of his cryptocurrency projects – the ‘Epstein didn’t kill himself’ coin with the ‘WHACKD’ ticket. The coin was distributed free of charge. However, the peculiar feature was that ten percent of all transactions with WHACKD should be sent to the currency recording address. In addition, the recipient of each thousandth transaction was destined to lose the entire amount transferred.

GHOST is the third coin created by the John McAfee team.

Source: cryptonomist

Related posts

Pound 2.0 threatens central bank currencies

Anupreet Kaur

Exit Scam? SushiSwap creator sells everything and exchanges for ETH

Anupreet Kaur

Pompliano believes that Ripple’s success does not guarantee that of XRP

Anupreet Kaur

Leave a Comment